In 2017 we added our first Quilt Challenge. Each shop on the hop featured a unique element. Hoppers collected those elements and had to use them in a quilt.
All the finished quilts travelled as a group to each of the participating shops. Shop customers and visitors were able to vote for their favorite quilt.
The quilts final destination will be the Alden Lane Nursery Quilt Show where the winner will be revealed!
Alden Lane Nursery - Quilt Show
981 Alden Lane
Livermore, CA 94550
Show dates: Saturday, September 23 and Sunday, September 24
Official Challenge Details
All quilt entries:
- Must have attended all 12 participating shops.
- Create an original quilted piece that is no larger than 45" x 45"
- Project must include the 12 quilting elements that were demonstrated at each shop.
- Project must have a label including: First and Last Name, contact information, the name of your project, and your nearest Quilter's March Madness Quilt Shop.
- Project must be turned in to your nearest Quilter's March Madness Quilt Shop by June 1st.
Each person that enters the challenge will be given a discount card that can be used once at each of the participating quilt shops.
The projects will all be gathered together for an exclusive trunk show that will travel to each of the participating quilt shops. At each shop customers will be able to vote on their favorite piece. The projects will then have the great honor of being displayed at the Quilting in the Garden quilt show hosted by Alden Lanes Nursery in Livermore on September 23rd and 24th where the winners will be revealed.
- Viewer's Choice 1st Place
$100 Gift Certificate
Redeemable at their favorite Quilter's March Madness Quilt Shop
- Second Place
Fat quarter basket
- Third Place
Fabric strips basket