We're doing another Quilt Challenge! In 2017 we started with our first challenge - each shop on the hop featured a unique element. Hoppers collected those elements and had to use them in a quilt.
New for 2018, we've added a theme for your quilts:
All the finished quilts will travel as a group to each of the participating shops. Shop customers and visitors were able to vote for their favorite quilt.
The quilts final destination will be the Alden Lane Nursery Quilt Show where the winner will be revealed!
Alden Lane Nursery - Quilt Show
981 Alden Lane
Livermore, CA 94550
Saturday, September 22 and Sunday, September 23
Official Challenge Details
All quilt entries:
- Must have attended all participating shops.
- Create an original quilted piece that is no larger than 45" x 45"
- Project must include all the quilting elements that were demonstrated at each shop.
- Project must reflect the theme of Small Town USA.
- Project must have a label including: First and Last Name, contact information, the name of your project, and your nearest Quilter's March Madness Quilt Shop.
- Project must be turned in to your nearest Quilter's March Madness Quilt Shop by June 1st.
The projects will all be gathered together for an exclusive trunk show that will travel to each of the participating quilt shops. At each shop customers will be able to vote on their favorite piece. The projects will then have the great honor of being displayed at the Quilting in the Garden quilt show hosted by Alden Lanes Nursery in Livermore (show dates listed above) where the winners will be revealed.
- Viewer's Choice 1st Place
$100 Gift Certificate
Redeemable at their favorite Quilter's March Madness Quilt Shop
- Second Place
Fat quarter basket
- Third Place
Fabric strips basket